At AAA Urgent Care, we prioritize your health and well-being. That’s why we offer a range of comprehensive physical exams designed to address various healthcare needs. Our walk-in, first-come, first-served approach ensures that you can access these important evaluations with ease. Whether you require a school, sports, immigration, or DOT physical, we have you covered. Our services are available to patients from Coral Springs, Parkland, Tamarac, Margate, North Lauderdale, and Coconut Creek, FL.
1. What is Included in a Comprehensive Physical Exam?
A comprehensive physical exam is a thorough assessment of an individual’s overall health, serving as a proactive tool to identify potential health issues and promote well-being. It encompasses a broad range of evaluations, including:
- Abdominal Exam: This assessment involves techniques such as listening for bowel sounds, tapping the abdomen to check for liver size and abdominal fluid, and palpating for tenderness.
- Dermatological Exam: Inspection of the skin and nails can reveal indications of underlying health conditions.
- Extremities Exam: Physicians examine physical signs, sensory changes, and joint abnormalities in the extremities.
- Head and Neck Exam: Evaluation of the eyes, ears, nose, throat, tonsils, teeth, gums, sinuses, lymph nodes, thyroid, and carotid arteries.
- Heart Exam: Detection of irregular heartbeats, heart murmurs, or signs of heart disease by listening to the heart with a stethoscope.
- Lung Exam: Assessment of lung health by listening for crackles, wheezes, or decreased breath sounds with a stethoscope.
- Neurological Exam: Evaluation of nerves, reflexes, muscle strength, balance, and mental state.
- Vital Signs: Measurement of vital indicators, including heart rate, blood pressure, respiration rate, and temperature.
2. What Type of Physicals Can Urgent Care Provide?
AAA Urgent Care offers a range of physicals to cater to your specific needs, including:
- Sports Physicals: Focusing on the current health status and medical history of your child to ensure they are fit for sports participation, sports physicals are essential for young athletes.
- School Physicals:Required by most schools, these wellness checkups ensure students are healthy enough to participate in sports and other activities.
- Immigration Physicals: Conducted to determine if a foreign national meets the health-related standards for admissibility to the United States, as required by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- DOT Physicals: DOT (Department of Transportation) physicals assess your overall physical health and ability to safely operate a commercial vehicle, ensuring compliance with regulations.
3. Can You Go to Urgent Care for a Physical?
Absolutely! At AAA Urgent Care, we understand the importance of regular physical exams in maintaining your health. Even if you don’t have a regular primary care physician, our clinics can provide routine physicals that include essential health checks such as height, weight, BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes screening, and lifestyle assessments.
Our caring and experienced professionals are here to ensure you receive the expert care you deserve. Whether you need a specific type of physical or a routine check-up, we’ve got you covered. To schedule your physical exam or learn more, please contact our office or visit our website. Your health is our priority, and we look forward to helping you maintain your well-being.